11 June 2009

Chapter nine is coming...slowly

Chapter nine is coming. It's just coming slower than I had anticipated. I've ended up doing a lot more background research than I had planned for. There were questions I had that I just couldn't put to rest without finding out the answers.

I had to backtrack to find out about Kakashi's apartment in both canon and what I had written...and I have had to do some reconciliation on that count. (That was my entire yesterday.)

And then, today, I've been skimming the entire--ENTIRE--manga series up until chapter 402 to try and put together a cohesive time line, in order to better my own. My brains are swirling with the overload of information, but I now have some interesting details to add to the story. My only regret is that the timeline in the manga becomes less and less precise after a while, which means I can only make fuzzy estimates and suppositions as to what happened when. (Of course, this also allows ample room for creative license. I intend to take advantage of it!)

I am now done researching for this part of it and can get back to writing and editing. It looks like chapter nine is going to end up being another long one, considering I've roughed out a full page more, the contents of which were not covered in my original draft. I'm only just starting on what used to be the first-draft's first paragraph. I feel like I've taken a step backward from where I was...but I'm about to start moving forward again!

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment