11 June 2009

I feel like gloating!

So, I know I mentioned the time-line I was making. I want to say that, having added the major events of my story to it, it works out absolutely perfect. The characters ended up being the ages I wanted them to be, through some miracle of calendar mathematics. (Part of why I made the timeline in the first place was because I had almost no clue as to how old they would be by the time the events of my story rolled around.)

I'm amazed that I won't have to go back and change anything around to fit the "real" flow of events. I had been very careful to use as few definite time markers as possible. This definitely worked to my advantage, though I was relieved that the events happening between summer and November really could happen in that time frame. (And, since those are the most recent events, that means the events beforehand all lined up as well. I'm so impressed that I did it blind!)

I laugh at the messiness of my work. I used printer paper and a sharpie. I have covered three sheets in scribbles and arrows and mysterious lines like "K takes on team 7 (26)" and "2nd week of sept. S guns for konoha." The first page actually goes around and around with arrows, in a vague rectangle of thoughts. I kept seeing just a bit more space on the page, so I'd draw an arrow, turn the paper, and keep writing. Foolishly, I thought I'd be able to fit the entire time line, canon through mine, on one piece of paper.

It is all done, finally. I need to stop patting myself on the back and get back to writing! ^_^

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment