24 May 2009

Alas!

...I accomplished squat over this "weekend" away. Apparently, one of my key editing processes is to read every line aloud a lot. This is just too weird to do with someone else around, even if that someone is my fairly deaf mom. (Maybe even especially then?) I was too weirded out to even really look at chapter six. I can't imagine the mortification I'd feel if I were hammering out a sex scene! (And, truthfully, I had a lot of really awesome writing ideas in the past few days--including some about ye olde boot-knocking--but I was too chicken to write them down anywhere.)

I have discovered that family is a huge intimidation factor when it comes to me and my writing. This is bad. Even though I've done my best to estrange myself from them, we are still a close-knit group. Just thinking about them reading/hearing my work, no matter what it is, puts me off from writing. I don't want them to have anything to do with it. No comments from the peanut gallery, so to speak.

I need to work on being a more outspoken, less inhibited person.

So, in short, no chapter six because I couldn't stand the thought that someone might overhear me working. I'm trying very hard to get rid of the feeling that I'm an idiot for reading aloud while revising. It'll be good to get back home where no one knows what I'm doing, save the cat.

Later!

p.s. I apologize for lack of coherency/repetition of ideas. I am feeling super-fatigued at the moment from both lack of sleep and an upswing in stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment