28 May 2009

Chapter Six: coming soon!

Okay. Chapter six is kind of sort of out of control. To begin with, it was the umbrella for several smaller-but-necessary scenes that were made entirely of dry summary-type narrative. I've been fleshing out the boring parts and it's gotten long enough that I've had to split chapter six into two separate chapters now (which means I've had to re-number the tentative chapters I'd already numbered.)

The good news is that I'm coming to the end of the "new" chapter six. (And by coming to the end of, I mean I'm almost done writing the new parts of it. Chapter six is probably going to be between two and three pages single-spaced. Originally, this part of the story was a scant two paragraphs. -___- )

The bad news is that I'm going to have to edit it some more. Editing is a laborious process. I end up going over the same sentence six times in a row until I'm happy with it. This isn't to say I haven't been spot editing all along. I just haven't done a thorough all-over job of it.

But fear not! I have a goal! I'm wanting to post it by bedtime...which generally means before/around midnight. (If I can manage to not get distracted, I know I can do it. ^_^ )

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment