03 June 2009

An anniversary, perhaps?

It just occurred to me that Entropy (aka the fic o' doom) is the first time I've seriously tried to write a non-original, fandom-based piece in ten years. That's a freaking long time. (Truthfully, in that ten years, I wrote exactly three paragraphs of a fic for Weiss Kreuz that I never finished. It's still on my hard drive somewhere, I'm sure.)

And now, being so absorbed in something so fictional--because fandom is a reinvented fiction--I'm thinking about writing something more original, a few steps closer to the truth. There are avenues I've not yet really explored in my writing, and I want to. This isn't to say I'm going to slow down on Entropy. I'm curious to see what happens when I try to write two different things at once. Maybe it will do good things. Maybe it'll crash and burn, but I doubt it.

Plus, it should be interesting to juggle perspective. (Considering that Entropy is third-person limited and I plan on making the new piece first person. I have no idea what tense it'll end up being. Probably past. Me and present tense don't really get along.)

I'm working, slowly, on chapter eight. I feel scattered at the present time. Or maybe divided. Anyway, it's been hard to focus on editing, but I shall persevere.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment