10 May 2009

Updates and General Blather

Well. After several days of weather-induced horrible swelling and whatnot, my hands are fit for typing again! (It was pathetic. I couldn't hold onto a glass of water, let alone a pencil/poke keys on the keyboard.) At least, I'm ready for a little typing. It's still raining and I can feel the pain creeping up again. I'll be brief.

Romance novel: is still in the works. I'm naming characters and coming up with witty possible titles.

Fanfic O'Doom: I'm going to edit chapter four very soon. Maybe tomorrow I'll have it done and posted?

And now, for your enjoyment, a rough draft of a poem. I'm going to not look at it for a few days and then come back and edit the crap out of it. ^_^

---

Naming the Dead

one by one
people I've not met
people I've never seen
I frame up the pictures.

A visitor points one out:
"Why do you have Teddy Grindel?"
and I have to look past the glass to know.
"This man is dead." Or so I'm told.

Walking down a snowy street
he looks backward, over his shoulder at
something I can't see.
A dark-haired girl walks beside him.
She's facing the wrong way; her hair cascades down her back.

his lips are parted
stopped
in the middle of a word he never gets to say.
His eyes are arresting.

I am waiting for him to speak.

---

Well? I definitely feel it's unfinished, but it has potential for goodness, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment