11 May 2009

....fight scenes are hard.

Crappity crap crap crap. Chapter four has the first little smidgen of ninja fighting action, and I'm finding it incredibly difficult to work with, even though I already have it written. (I mean seriously, it's a single paragraph before it cuts to after the fight.)

Action scenes are definitely not my strong point. And besides which, the focus of this story isn't mission-oriented. Well. Okay. It is, in the most technical of technicalities. The mission in question just isn't one that involves much physical fighting or ninja stealthiness or anything like that.

I'm not sure how to improve upon my action writing. Basically, I'm thinking of the fight as a movie in my head. I'm trying to be as clear as I possibly can be as to what each character is doing, translating the "movie" into written words...which is hard. Am I on the right track? Am I going to end up bogging down the reader with pointless details of body positions?

Augh. Maybe I should go check out some really well written action ficcage and pick it apart for my own edification. (It could take a while to get this chapter proofed...)

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment