14 May 2009

Chapter Five is Laughably Short

I must have been sleep-deprived or on crack or something when I made my chapter breaks. As of this moment, chapter five is a single page long. The question is: do I lengthen it? Do I re-break chapter six and tack its beginning onto chapter five's end? Should I leave it be and just edit?

Breaking up one huge long piece into smaller, more manageable chunks is hard. I'm having some trouble grouping scenes together. Maybe my writing is still too choppy? I'm much more reluctant to cut scenes--even short ones--out than I am to add more to one. I wonder if all writers are like that...

I'm so sleepy I can't decide about chapter five. I'll have to look at it tomorrow, but chances are I'll have it edited and up by tomorrow night regardless. (Aren't you a lucky audience, hahahaha.)

The epic will forge boldly ahead!

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment