04 March 2010

Bridging the Divide

I know, it's been ages since I've written anything here. That's because...well...there are a number of reasons, chief of which is that I've been focusing almost exclusively on retooling Entropy and setting up a page with AFF. (You can find that page here, though it is only, I repeat, only going to house my fanfiction, and there's precious little of that right now.)

As for Entropy, I'm going to be going through and uploading the new versions of the chapters sometime soon, so that we're all on the same page, metaphorically speaking. At this time, I don't plan to put up any of the other, shorter fics here. I think I'm going to go back to my original plan of making this blog be for my original stuff and not my fanworks, but I'm not going to get rid of Entropy here yet.

Random Subject Change: epigraphs and epigrams. (Not to be confused with epitaphs.) I'm wondering how well they work as focusing tools. You know, sometimes you'll read a book and it will have a few lines of poetry or a quote at the start of a chapter/section. That's what I'm talking about. I guess I'm wondering about how they cause a person to focus on the contents of a chapter. I'm not in the habit of using them, mostly because I'm concerned I'll get too married to an idea or subtext and ignore the other possibilities and directions the work could take. What if I were to choose and apply them after the chapter is done? I wonder how that would go...

Anyway, must go do other writerly things!

~Later

No comments:

Post a Comment