15 October 2009

Nine Months

Okay, so I'm entering the ninth month of (increasingly sporadic) work on Entropy. That's a really long time. I'm still grappling with the same basic issues that have been there from the start. I confess I'm working at a much less frantic pace, which is probably good for the overall growth of the story but bad for my work ethic. I still don't have all the discipline I want, but I'm getting better.

I'm pleased to say that chapter twelve is almost--almost!--done. I don't really have a good excuse, except to say I've gotten hung up on having sentences that flow together well (read: are varied in length and complexity.) When I read through, I keep hitting clunkers. I also am giving up on getting everything I'd wanted into this chapter. I've got a good break point and I'm going to go with it, despite having oodles of related stuff that could have made the chapter into some monstrous length.

Let's see. Other writing things I've done over the past nine months...not a lot. I've done a couple poems, started two one-shots (and finished one recently), and made plans both vague and detailed, for multiple other stories. My follow through is crap. You'd think I'd have done more, considering writing is practically the only productive thing I do. I think I liked it better when I banged out twenty-five hundred words a day. I'm going to try to get back into that. My creative self is going bananas right now...I'm attempting to multitask cooking, writing, editing, and quilting projects at the same time, and it's kind of not working. I'm sidetracking myself because there's so much I want to do!

Hopefully I'll finish chapter twelve by sometime tomorrow. But now, I must attend to a quiche!

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment