03 September 2009

Are you as bothered by my lack of updates as I am?

Okay, I really have no good excuses. I've been completely side-tracked from pretty much every creative project I have going, including writing. I've lost my motivation over the past few weeks. I'm consumed by the internal things that, on occasion, drive me to write. I'm not in the figurative driver's seat as much as I want--and need--to be in order to move forward. I have done precious little editing of Entropy's chapter eleven, and no actual writing of it.

Nonetheless, I sat down this morning (Wednesday) and started to write something new and original and wholly mine. I'm not sure whether it will grow into something larger, or if I should think of it as a back-in-the-saddle sort of exercise. It is marginally true, but most of it is my imagination running wild with some overheard conversations.

I woke up this morning full of creative ideas-- story fragments and crumbs of plots and unwritten, ungainly poetry. I've been physically sick all day and have ignored all but the aforementioned one...and I haven't looked at that one beyond glancing at the screen while typing. (Yeah, I'm one of those people who looks at the keyboard. I can manage looking at the screen, but I really do better focusing on my fingers. Typing classes in school were interminable.)

I'm hesitant to post the new stuff right this second, even though I'm sure it would be satisfying. I need to give it (at the least) a quick edit. I may decide it's not worth my time. Or I may find that the subject is something I want to explore further..in which case I'll probably post some sort of teaser.

Holy cow. It's time for bed or something.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment