05 May 2009

Romance time!

I've done it! I've made a complete initial plot for my very first romance novel. (Seriously. It's three solid pages of plot-plot-plot.)

Believe it or not, I've been thinking of writing romance for a while now. Today I ironed out plot details. Now I just need a title... I'm thinking, maybe "Cherish the One" or "To Have and to Hold" or something classically cheesy like that. It's a pirate-ravishment sort of book...except mine will be completely awesome and well-written.

One of the good things about writing romance is that it's perfectly fine to fall into the romance cliches. And! I can overburden the reader with lavish details and quasi-French names. Among the cliches I intend to employ is the "swept-away" woman; the ruthless-but-loving man from her past; and a (botched) "chasing after her true love because she's realized that he's the one, now that he's gone" scene.

Ahh, the success. It smells so sweet and so like possible money-in-the-making. If I make it through and still like it at the end, you can bet I'm going to start submitting it to publishers!

No comments:

Post a Comment